iFuse Implant System
Designed Specifically for Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction.
Dr. Miguel Schmitz is trained in the latest minimally invasive surgical (MIS) techniques, including use of the iFuse Implant System® from SI-BONE®, Inc., a medical device company pioneering MIS sacroiliac (SI) joint treatment. The iFuse Implant System is intended for sacroiliac joint fusion for some causes of SI joint pain. SI joint treatment using the patented triangular design of the iFuse Implant™ has produced unparalleled clinical results. iFuse is the only SI joint fusion system with clinical studies demonstrating that treatment improved pain, patient function, and quality of life.1
The SI joint is a significant cause of lower back pain. Clinical publications have identified the SI joint as a pain generator in 15-30% of chronic lower back pain patients.2-5 In addition, the SI joint is a pain generator in up to 43% of patients with continued or new onset lower back pain after a lumbar fusion.6
Do You Have SI Joint Problems?
Like any other joint in the body, the SI joint can be injured and/or become degenerative. When this happens, people can feel pain in their buttock and sometimes in the lower back and legs. This is especially true while lifting, running, walking or even sleeping on the involved side.
Do you experience one of the symptoms below?
- Lower back pain
- Sensation of low extremity: pain, numbness, tingling, weakness
- Pelvis/buttock pain
- Hip/groin pain
- Feeling of leg instability (buckling, giving way)
- Disturbed sleep patterns due to pain
- Disturbed sitting patterns (unable to sit for long periods, sitting on one side)
- Pain going from sitting to standing.
SI Joint Fusion with the iFuse Implant System®
The iFuse Implant System is designed to provide stabilization and fusion for certain SI joint disorders. This is accomplished by inserting triangular-shaped titanium implants across the sacroiliac joint to maximize post-surgical stability and weight bearing capacity. SI joint treatment using the patented triangular design of the iFuse Implant™ has produced unparalleled clinical results.
Hide First Toggle
The iFuse Implant System® is intended for sacroiliac fusion for conditions including sacroiliac joint dysfunction that is a direct result of sacroiliac joint disruption and degenerative sacroiliitis. This includes conditions whose symptoms began during pregnancy or in the peripartum period and have persisted postpartum for more than 6 months. Clinical studies have demonstrated that treatment with the iFuse Implant System improved pain, patient function, and quality of life. There are potential risks associated with the iFuse Implant System. It may not be appropriate for all patients and all patients may not benefit. For information about the risks, visit www.si-bone.com/risks
- Duhon, B . et al., Triangular Titanium Implants for Minimally Invasive Sacroiliac Joint Fusion: 2-Year Follow-Up from a Prospective Multicenter Trial. Int J Spine Surg. 2016;10:Article 13. – Dr. Duhon is a paid consultant of and conducts clinical research for SI-BONE Inc. Research was funded by SI-BONE, Inc.
- Bernard TN, et al. Recognizing specific characteristics of nonspecific low back pain. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1987;217:266–80.
- Schwarzer AC, et al. The Sacroiliac Joint in Chronic Low Back Pain. 1995;20:31–7.
- Maigne JY, et al. Results of Sacroiliac Joint Double Block and Value of Sacroiliac Pain Provocation Tests in 54 Patients with Low Back Pain. 1996;21:1889–92.
- Sembrano JN, et al. How Often is Low Back Pain Not Coming From The Back? 2009;34:E27–32.
- DePalma MJ, et al. Etiology of Chronic Low Back Pain Patients Having Undergone Lumbar Fusion. Pain Med. 2011;12:732-9.
Your Path To Recovery Starts Here.
Schedule An Appointment
Call or click to schedule a consultation to diagnose your unique orthopaedic needs and discuss how we can overcome them together.
Get A Personalized Treatment Plan
We'll develop a comprehensive treatment strategy designed to alleviate pain and discomfort and guide you every step of the way.
Start Your Path To Healing
We'll administer the necessary treatments and implement the right recovery protocol so you can get back to living your best life.
Hear The Success Stories From A Few Of Our Patients.
Schedule An Appointment Today & Get Back To Living Your Life.
Fill out the form to request an appointment and a member of our staff will get back to you right away. Or call us at: